Bienvenue invité ( Connexion | Inscription ) Recevoir à nouveau l'email de validation  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Interview With Director Gordon Chan, director of Fist of Legend, Final option
Suivre ce sujet | Envoyer ce sujet | Imprimer ce sujet

ah_thomas
Ecrit le : Dimanche 31 Janvier 2010 14h56
Quote Post

HK film expert

Groupe : Administrateurs
Membre n° : 2

Dragon

We were told that Gordon Chan was a very friendly chap, but when we met in the Landmark in Central, we spent the best time in Hong Kong ever, chatting about our favorite movies and Chan’s writing and directing successes: Fight Back to School, Fist of Legend, Final Option, Beast Cops, The Big Heat, A-1, Heart to Hearts, etc. In our interview, we also discuss Tsui Hark, John Woo, Anthony Wong, Michael Wong, Yuen Woo ping, Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Dante Lam, Stephen Chow and Ng Man Tat…

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/page.asp?aid=319

Excerpts :

On The Big Heat

I was only writer on that film and I went through the whole process in two years. I had fifteen drafts on that one. I thought it was enough. The story was still changing in the dubbing room. I still remember Tsui Hark asking me what the film was about and I said: “Which version?”

On Fight Back to School

I delayed the project for almost a year on the basis that I still couldn’t find the way to shoot that film, the right way to tell the story. Because the only thing the company gave me was a name --“Fight Back to School”. That’s all.

On Final Option

My actors were so good that after the training they managed to repair, disassemble weapons, everything. In fact their experience with firearms was much more comprehensive than the one of an ordinary policeman on the streets.

user posted image

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invités et 0 utilisateurs anonymes)
0 membres :

« Sujets + anciens | HKCM website and forum | Sujets + récents »

Topic OptionsReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll