Hong Kong (or Taiwan?) kung-fu film seen in 1973 or 1974:
- two young street kids (c.10-to-13 year olds) swear a blood oath to remain friends (or blood brothers) by tattooing/carving a symbol (or pictogram) on their inner forearms.
- after stealing food from a vendor cart, they are pursued by vendor and police and the older boy surrenders so the younger can escape.
- the older kid is raised by police chief
- the younger kid is raised by the local gangster chief
- years pass and they meet again as grown ups in a conflict/confrontation
- they duel and while fighting, the sleeve of one of them is torn revealing the tattoo/symbol
- when the other reveals his forearm symbol they reunite as friends
- together with a girl, the three take down the gangster chief
due to the period and films shown in same theatre circuit, it's highly likely that it is a Wang Yu/Chang Cheh/Shaw Brothers film.
thanks for any help - I have read many film plot descriptions but never found this one since.